Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Third Eye Blind



I'd scream at the top of my lungs, like a little girl meeting N*Sync ten years ago, if I ever had the chance to meet the men who make up one of the most influential bands in history: Third Eye Blind.

With a playing span lasting from the early 90s to now, this band is definitely, in my opinion, partly responsible for the way music is lyrically held together today. Accomplished by this band are such well-written albums, all dedicated to the little people, FANS, and those who feel sometimes life, sometimes just simply, stinks. Accomplished is the fact that they move people. With four amazing studio albums to put the "shuffle" button on with, some of the greatest phrases to help me to understand situations in my own life come from TEB's words.


A definite lifetime achievement award from both old and new members of this band is well deserved. Life is complicated, and the little things are what make it up. Relationship problems aren't the same each time, and neither is any situation in life. The truth is, there have been a lot of unfortunate happenings in my life that I feel music has been the only thing to help me through. As it's easy to like someone that helps you figure out your problems, definitely it's easy to love a band that does the same. I don't even think they know how moving their stuff is. That's why they never choke on a song, or try to conform for anybody.


Give it a listen-- and not the songs which have already been on popular radio! I suggest 'Blinded,' 'Farther,' 'Company,' and 'Faster,' but they're all amazing-- every single song.




-Kassandra
Photo from Rizzo Music

No comments: