Monday, January 28, 2008

Animals in Motion





I have always been a fan of Forest Hart and his sculptures. His love and knowledge of animals allows him to capture their spirit and motion.

I actually met Forest many years ago and had the fortune of visiting with him at his home when he lived in Hampden. I am quite certain he wouldn't remember me from a hole in the wall, but Forest seems to be every where. There is a Forest Hart sculpture of a deer in front of my daughter's school.

This beautiful sculpture, found in the lobby of the Commons building on the Husson College campus, represents the Husson mascot, the Eagle. I have always shivered with delight to see an eagle soaring over the Kenduskeag stream or Penobscot River. I have also wondered, looking at this sculpture, when this eagle might clip its wings on the forehead on an unsuspecting passerby!

Forest creates table top size sculptures as well if a life-sized moose is out of your league! Check out his work at www.foresthart.com.

By Susan Patten

No comments: