Monday, March 24, 2008

Well I'm Glad Someone is Happy

(Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp)

I am one of those people regardless of interest in the movie that keeps an eye on the top ten movie earnings each week. I usually see a movie in the theaters a minimum of every other week. Let's look at last weekend's top ten:

(Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Media By Numbers LLC. Final figures will be released Monday.)
1. "Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who," $25.1 million.

2. "Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns," $20 million.

3. "Shutter," $10.7 million.

4. "Drillbit Taylor," $10.2 million.

5. "10,000 B.C.," $8.7 million.

6. "Never Back Down," $4.9 million.

7. "College Road Trip," $4.6 million.

8. "The Bank Job," $4.1 million.

9. "Vantage Point," $3.8 million.

10. "Under the Same Moon," $2.6 million.

Got to love Jan - April when it comes to movies. February is usually the worst, but this collection of cinematic fodder is making me go through my Netflix queue with reckless abandon. A few possibles but I can't really see anything worth paying full price for. Is there anything worth seeing?

Well despite what many think I am not a complete movie snob. So now I turn to you.

**Gets on his knees**

Ask your friends, ask your pastor or ask the person that cuts your hair. Tell them that Seth needs a good movie. An original plot? That would help. Action, romance, drama, comedy, any genre will do. A simple title and date to give me hope that something is coming and that I don't need to give up on Hollywood just yet.

**Stands up and brushes himself off**

One comedy I was looking forward to, but of course it never made it to Bangor, Maine.




~Seth Davis
*Photo of Horton Hears A Who, 20th Century Fox. From Latimes.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Revolver never came to Bangor and is out on DVD now.