Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Get Your Giggle On

I was born and raised in Belfast, Maine and that city makes me proud, as some folks there are inviting you to come to Belfast to get your giggle on! I think a good sense of humor is critical to survival and studies suggest that those who laugh a lot, live longer.

It's a Comic Arts Laugh Festival and it runs from April 9th through the 13th. The lead organizer is former Belfast Mayor and artist Michael Hurley. He understands the need to get through Governors gone wild, mud season and crater-filled roads, with a light-hearted laugh. The handsome puppet on the Comic Arts website bears an uncanny resemblance to Mike. That alone was enough to make me giggle. You see I have a Mike Hurley painting of Belfast in my home. I had no idea he was also a puppet master! The festival boasts an entertaining schedule, which they say could change if they decide to pull a fast one.

The Comic Arts Laugh Festival will feature everything from funny films, to day-long workshops on Youtube and film making, to a Tim Sample show. Tim can get a laugh or two.



So forget about the high gas prices, Obama's Pastor and the looming tax filing deadline and head to Belfast to get your giggle on.

by Susan Patten

No comments: