Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wall Decals?

I discovered art in the form of decoration this past week as I was introduced to a very hip product: wall decals (thanks, Dave). I know your first thought is probably "woah, that's really tacky," and I don't blame you seeing as car decals are getting a little out of hand lately. But don't make a decision just yet because there's much more to share.

The Blik Surface Graphics website describes these decals the best: "oversized, self-adhesive, removable decals that allow anyone to quickly & easily create decorative patterns or custom wall murals for home or office."

Once Blik captured my interest, I went searching for more. As it turns out .... there WAS more. I found circles, squares, ABC's and even Pacman decals! My favorites were in the nature category: birds, trees, flowers and leaves. I imagine the tree decals would look beautiful spreading a splash of color across a previously boring white wall.











dVider calls these stickers "apartment therapy" and I have to agree. Just look at the photographs and imagine how your walls could be changed with a color scheme and a few decals. Who would have thought! The prices are not cheap, but it's going to be a purchase you can use move after move - unlike paint or wallpaper which obviously must stay. It's a very artistic approach to decorating when you have no artistic skills yourself!

Check out some more wall decals and stickers at any of the following websites:
Acte-Deco
All Posters
dVider
Blik

Jillian

- photos courtesy of allposters.com and www.acte-deco.fr -

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Patriot decals?

Anonymous said...

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Patriots-Helmet-Fathead-Posters_i2478381_.htm

Courtesy of Allposters.com

Anonymous said...

Ahh, thanks. Not as decorative and cool as some of your pictures, but it still possesses a simple, powerful beauty.