Monday, February 25, 2008

Who is Cas Haley?

He was born in Paris, Texas, where he was raised by musician parents. His father always encouraged him to write songs and experience all different types of music. A few years ago he formed a band in Arlington, Texas, which is where he currently lives with his son, Eben, and loving wife. In Season 2 of America's Got Talent, he made it all the way to the runner-up spot in the entire competition, losing only to an extremely talented singing ventriloquist named Terry Fator.

So why am I talking about Cas Haley? Sure, being on America's Got Talent got America's attention. It got mine, too. But I chose to dedicate a blog post to him not because he appeared on national television, but because his voice is amazingly unique. He's catchy in music and presence. The way he bops around on stage as he plays his guitar makes my feet start to tap. But have you heard of him? Now you have. And it's your lucky day because his music is all over the internet and video clips all over YouTube.

This video clip is 5 minutes long. It's not all singing - the first part tells you a little bit about the man behind the voice. I know we have busy lives, but take the time to watch it. You'll be humming the tune later today.



Sometimes it seems like over-popular music genres are plaguing society. Listening to Cas Haley (I bought his album on iTunes) is refreshing. As I've written in posts before, my taste in music is very broad. I never thought the reggae-style would be so entertaining, but here is a man who brings it to life for me.

Who is Cas Haley? Now you know.

Jillian

-information courtesy of nbc.com-
-video courtesy of youtube.com-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like this guy! his voice doesn't match what he looks like!

The A-List said...

How Cool. Mark N. just introduced me to Cas and his music the other day. Fantastic!

susan